Our Mentoring Program is designed to create one-to-one mentoring relationships between positive adult role models and youth facing challenges in their personal, social and/or academic lives.
Dream Power is a long-term mentoring and leadership development program designed to empower girls to create and live their dreams. We work with girls from elementary school all the way up to high school graduation.
Types of Mentoring:
- Traditional mentoring: One adult to one young person.
- Team mentoring: Several adults working with small groups of young people in which the adult- to-youth ratio is not greater than 1:4.
Mentor Program Goals
- Increase girls’ sense of self worth
- Improve their academic performance & perspective on education
- Help girls develop and define their short-term and long-term goals
- Encourage social awareness through community service projects
- Build positive relationships and support networks with adults and peers
Program curriculum and activities focus on 10 primary areas:
1. Education: tutoring, test prep
2. Self Image/Self Respect/Self Esteem
3. Character & Leadership
4. Health & Wellness: health education, free clinics and workshops
5. Finance & Stewardship
6. Healthy Relationships
7. Career Development
8. Physical Fitness: dance, tennis, track and field
9. Written & Artistic Expression
10. Community Involvement/Service
Other activities include educational and cultural trips.
Rollins School of Public Health
1518 Clifton Rd NE,
Atlanta, GA 30322
Saturdays from 11:00am to 1:30pm
|Enroll a Child||Become a Mentor|
To contact us about this program please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 404.462.8509.