Board Member Overview
iDream Inc is looking for new board members who are interested in building a sustainable organization, where your efforts make an immediate and measurable difference. Our ideal board members are self-motivated, self-reliant, dependable, accurate, thorough , and work well with others. Skills in marketing, accounting, fundraising, program development and an interest in working with low income children and youth are desirable.
Individuals chosen will serve on an Advisory Board for a period of 3 months. At the end of this period, those who have demonstrated a commitment and passion for our mission, will transition to serve on the Board of Directors with a minimum two-year commitment.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- Experience working, volunteering, or serving on a Board of Directors, for at least 1 year, for an agency or project that has served low-income children and families;
- Ability to review and understand grant processes, outcome performance measurements, service delivery and operations within nonprofit organizations, organizational accountability and efficiency, and general budgeting processes;
- Ability and willingness to contribute to, and actively engage in, fundraising efforts;
- Willingness to serve at least a 2 year term;
- Willingness to learn and abide by all policies, procedures, and by-laws of iDream Inc;
- Must be 18 years or older and a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident;
The board meets quarterly to strategize. Implementation of the strategy is scheduled throughout the month.
The Board of Directors as a whole is responsible for strategic planning for operations/expansion/growth, fundraising /contributing, and bringing awareness to the community of the needs of the organization.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can apply by filling out the fields below and uploading your resume: